Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Role Model

So far I've chosen my role model, which is my mom. I chose to write about my mom because she, mentally, is the strongest person I know. She's gone through so much rough stuff in her life, and she's gone about it all in a great way. She grew up with 6 brothers and sisters, poor, and in a broken family. She had a baby at 17 with my father, and is still with him 30 years later. She was also diagnosed in 2006 with a rare form of cancer, nasopharyngeal carcinoma. She beat the cancer and just recently was diagnosed with lupus. She faced each of these challenges with her head held high. She kept an amazing attitude through it all, which is something I don't think I would ever be able to do. This is why I view her as my role model, because I'd love to be as strong and determined as she is. For my paper, I planned on giving descriptions of these events in her life, and emphasizing the actions that she took that I admire. I believe this will show her tremendous strength well.

No comments:

Post a Comment